Why choose Rose?
The Rose Center for Bariatrics is a recognized leader in safety and effectiveness. We are one of the longest standing Centers of Excellence in the United States and have been an accredited bariatric surgery center since 2004!
Our expert bariatric surgeons, nurses, support groups and staff are committed to improving the quality of your life. Some of our accolades include:
- Rose Medical Center has been recognized as Magnet® designated hospital, a rare achievement that distinguishes organizations like Rose that meet rigorous standards for nursing excellence
- Rose also received the prestigious Healthgrades Distinguished Hospital Award for Clinical Excellence in 2017 in recognition of our dedication to safety and quality outcomes as well as receiving Healthgrades™ Outstanding Patient Experience Award for two years straight
- Fully-Accredited Center with Adolescent Qualifications by MBSAQIP
- Center of Excellence by Optum Healthcare
- Member of the Aetna Institute of Quality
- Blue Distinction Center+ for Bariatric Surgery by Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield (one of the first in the nation!)
- Truven Health Analytics™ has named Rose Medical Center one of the nation's 100 Top Hospitals®
Our surgical weight loss program was designed with you in mind. At Rose Center for Bariatrics, you have access to comprehensive services including:
- The most experienced team of bariatric surgeons and nursing staff in the Rocky Mountain region, with more than 6,000 procedures completed and safety results better than the national average
- One of the highest volume centers in the Colorado, New Mexico, Wyoming, Kansas and Nebraska regions, resulting in standardized care and quality for all our patients, while still providing an individualized approach to supportive aftercare
- Bariatric-specialized and experienced anesthesiologists, pulmonologists, intensivists, mental health professionals, gastroenterologists, radiologists, cardiologists, nutritionists and support staff
- Procedural offerings including gastric band/LapBand, gastric bypass, gastric sleeve, duodenal switch, gastric plication, band-over-bypass and now the FDA-approved ORBERA gastric balloon
- Affordable prices and expert care coordinators to assist you with financial and insurance matters
- Specialty programs to help you as an succeed, including our travel program, diabetic program, teen program, pregnancy program and Fast Track program
- Comprehensive pre- and post-surgery patient support and education groups
- Sensitive care and handling by every member of the Rose Center for Bariatrics team
- State-of-the-art technology and advanced laparoscopic (minimally invasive) capabilities
- Post-operative rooms with specialized equipment for bariatric surgery patients
- Gorgeous facilities and amenities
- Participation with a large array of insurance companies, including Medicare
We recommend that patients only receive weight loss surgery at an accredited facility to ensure their medical providers meet the strictest patient care and quality metrics. We consistently exceed and report quality standards to comply with the American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery, MBSAQIP, and other governing bodies and insurance providers.
MBSAQIP administers a national accreditation program that recognizes surgeons and healthcare facilities that provide safe, high-quality surgical care. Our Center of Excellence program promotes universal care quality, which is our number-one priority.