Bariatric surgery is only recommended for those who have a significant amount of weight to lose and are suffering from conditions related to being overweight.
When you step onto this journey with Rose, you not only will look and feel better, but you also will find your quality of life drastically improved. This type of surgery has shown to resolve or better manage diabetes, sleep apnea, joint pain, endocrine problems and fatigue.
Guidelines and Qualifications
The below guidelines are the qualifications used by Medicare and/or other insurance companies. Use the following to learn if you may be a good candidate for bariatric surgery and whether you may receive insurance coverage for the procedure:
- BMI of 35 or greater (approximately 80-100 pounds over ideal body weight) - or BMI of 30+ with associated comorbidities (medical problems associated with and/or caused by obesity). Check your BMI with our calculator.
- Significant previous efforts at weight loss have been made. Preferably, these attempts have been in nutritionally safe and medically or peer-supervised programs.
- No uncorrected metabolic disease that may cause obesity.
- No other serious medical condition(s) that would make surgery too hazardous.
- No unstable or untreated psychological illnesses and/or unrealistic expectations of surgery and weight loss.
- No abuse of addictive drugs or alcohol—preferably for at least 12 months.
- Sufficient motivation to make the life-long changes in eating habits and exercise required for success after bariatric surgery.
- Willingness to make a formal commitment to yourself and to the bariatric surgical procedure you will choose with your surgeon's guidance.
How do I get started?
If you believe you may be a good candidate, contact us to schedule a consultation. Our team will assist you with financial and insurance-related questions. We are now accepting Medicare.
Give us a call at 303-320-2134 or attend a seminar to learn more about whether you are a candidate!